~~~~ During high visitation, there may be significant delays entering the park, and once inside, you can expect increased travel times and congestion along the scenic drive. Long lines may form at the entrance gate
. If the entrance road is backed up, you may not stop on the highway: it is against the law.
(Utah Code 41-6a-1401) Come back at another time, or consider visiting other nearby attractions
~~~ Parking lots at popular trailheads and viewpoints such as Devils Garden, Delicate Arch/Wolfe Ranch and The Windows are usually full between 9 am and 4 pm. In 2015, construction at the Delicate Arch / Wolfe Ranch trailhead will mean significantly reduced parking. You might have to plan on hiking elsewhere.
When parking lots are full, please remember:
- – Park in designated areas only.
- – Do not drive off roads.
- – If a lot is full, do not wait for spots to open;move on and try again later.
- – Never park on vegetation or in a manner that blocks traffic.
- – Don’t block the flow of traffic by waiting for a parking spot.
~~~~~ If you do find a parking spot and go for a hike, expect to see a lot of other people on the trail. It is not uncommon for hundreds of people to visit Delicate Arch at sunset.